This week’s CBC/Radio-Canada Works featured employee is: Rick Matthews. Rick is the Executive Producer of Steven and Chris. In his own words, “I lead a team of incredibly talented and creative people to make a show that’s informative and a lot of fun.”
- What is the first thing that you do when you get to work? I grab a coffee, update my ongoing to-do list and highlight the things I need to accomplish that day. Then it’s off to the studio.
- What do you like most about your job at CBC/Radio-Canada? I work with one of the best teams in TV.
- What is the natural talent you’d like to be gifted with? Abs.
- What do you appreciate the most in your friends? Trust, Honesty and Spontaneity.
- What is your favourite food and drink? Simon Ho, a mixologist on our show, once made a Hot Buttered Rum cocktail that was out of this world. That, after a roast beef dinner (complete with Yorkshire pudding), and I’d think I’d have died and gone to culinary heaven.
- What is your greatest achievement? Not being afraid to pursue my goals, even when the times got tough.
- What is your favourite journey? Butterfly Valley, Turkey.
- What is your greatest extravagance? HomeSense. West Elm. IKEA. Take your pick.
- What advice/tips would you give a student who wanted to follow in your footsteps and have a similar career? There’s no defined path to follow. You just have to work hard, prove you’re talented and listen to your gut.
A big thank you to Rick for sharing with us! If you have questions for Rick, post them here.
-Sarah Lue, Blog host