This week’s CBC/Radio-Canada Works featured employee is: Cher Lee. Cher is a Communications & Marketing Manager and manages the brand and promotion for titles on the Radio One network and TV documentaries.
- What is the first thing that you do when you get to work? Hit “play” on the Radio One online stream and check my calendar for the day.
- What do you like most about your job at CBC/Radio-Canada? Getting to work with such a wide cross-section of talented and interesting people at CBC, from producers to digital folks and hosts.
- What is the natural talent you’d like to be gifted with? Good organization.
- What do you appreciate the most in your friends? Honesty, and humour.
- What is your favourite food and drink? Changes often! This week, its almond butter and Orangina.
- What is your greatest achievement? Having lived, worked and traveled abroad on my own.
- What is your favourite journey? The drive up to Whistler from Vancouver, BC.
- What is your greatest extravagance? No Blackberry after 9pm and monthly pedicures.
- What advice/tips would you give a student who wanted to follow in your footsteps and have a similar career? Learn humility, work on your grammar, and get a great mentor.
A big thank you to Cher for sharing with us! If you have questions for Cher, post them here.
-Sarah Lue, Blog host