Can you feel the excitement building?
We are fast approaching the 75-day countdown to November 2, and more and more Canadians are curious about what to expect during these celebrations.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 1 DAY, 24 HOURS, 34 MILLION LIVES: A documentary portrait of Canada created with the participation of Canadians (August 21 on CBC Television)
- Open houses and other community events across the country as part of Culture Days (October 1)
- A Canada-wide concert series to air on CBC Radio 2 and Espace musique at the end of October
- Numerous specials across all platforms and networks from August 20 to November 2 (75 days)
- Exhibitions, memorabilia and public activities
More information and content is also being added to the CBC/Radio-Canada corporate website. We invite you to visit the new President’s page, which includes photos and bios of the current and former presidents and board chairs. Many former presidents are also featured in a short video interview.
Without giving too much away, during the month of August, we will also be launching a quiz that will test your knowledge of your public broadcaster. Prizes will be up for grabs, too.
As many of you know, the theme of the 75th anniversary celebrations is “Yours to Celebrate.” With this in mind, we are looking forward to seeing Canadians proudly “show their colors” during the celebrations. If you are looking for CBC-wear or any other associated product, now is the time to visit the CBC Shop. The array of special 75th anniversary merchandise is quite impressive.
Now’s the time to celebrate our national public broadcaster! Take a look at this video to get you in the celebratory mood.
Stay tuned for additional information and have a great summer!
- Eric Romanica, Public Relations Coordinator, Corporate Communications